To promote the provision of appropriate treatment and to achieve a good quality of life for every patient with Haemoglobinopathies, and to encourage prevention policies with the aim of reducing the number of newly affected births. To promote research activities for bring-ing newer treatment for thalassemia patient.
TSCS reaches to the underprivileged and lower social economic groups with free blood transfusion which would otherwise become difficult to afford for such parents coming from various parts of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India.
TSCS was established (1998) in the city to promote appropriate treatment and quality life for every thalassemia affected child. Thalassemia is an inherited condition affecting the blood. Good treatment is important to prevent complications; this treatment is for lifelong until the child goes through successful Bone Marrow Transplantation.
TSCS steps in to give hope by providing free blood transfusion which is very vital to keep such patients alive. Regular blood transfusion to children every 3-4 weeks brings hemoglobin con-tent to normal level.
- Formation of Society 1998
- Free Transfusion Facility & Medical Consultation 1998
- Availability of Free Blood 2001 (with support from Red Cross Blood Bank, Hyderabad)
- Prenatal Diagnosis 2002 (support from Fernandez Hospital, CDFD, CCMB, Institute of genetics – Hyderabad)
- Regular Medical Check up & Laboratory Investigations for members 2003
- Establishment of Blood Bank – Thalassemia & Sickle Cell Society Vuppala Venkaiah Memorial Blood Bank 2010
- Diagnostic Services started in 2011
- Society is registered to receive foreign fund under FCRA from 2011 onwards
- Donation made to Society are tax exempted under section 80G since 2002 and 100% exemption under Income Tax act 35 AC from 2011 onwards
- Mrs. K Rathnavali received Leonia Award for excellence for doing awareness in Social work category, Leonia resorts Medchel during Womenâ€™s Day., Lakshmi Devi award on Mothers day & Dr Reddys Award on Mothers day with little musician Academy during Financial Year 2012-13
- Awareness programs conducted in Hyderabad and also in districts to create awareness on Thalassemia by mass media like Radio, TV and Newspaper during Financial Year 2012-13
- Mrs. Ratnavali our Vice President was recog-nized for her distinguished work was felicitated by Syndicate Bank, also received Laxmi Devi Award during Financial Year 2013-14
- Recognition of Scientific and Industrial Research Organisations (SIROs) on June 14th, 2014
- Awareness programs and talks on thalassemia were conducted in Hyderabad, colleges, Cor-porate offices, Police Head Quarters & various Govt. Officesand neighbouring districts through blood donation camps, mass media, radio, TV, and newspapers during Financial Year 2013-14
- Mrs. K Ratnavali conducted many awareness camps in Kodad, Tirupathi, Eluru, IBM, Cognizant & Techseva during Financial Year 2014-15
- Mrs. K Ratnavali received award from Syndicate Bank on Womens Day in the Year 2014
- Conducted Mission 10 Million Awareness Campaign across Hyderabad in the Year 2015
- Award of Excellence towards 100% Voluntary Blood Donation by National Blood Transfusion Council (NBTC) on 14th June, 2016